Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Senior is all for public option

Health care reform activist Bea Lumpkin is featured in a Chicago Sun Times Sept. 7 story on the current health care struggle:

Senior is all for public option

Ninety-one-year-old Beatrice Lumpkin said she very well might not have been here were it not for her Medicare insurance benefits.

"Eleven years ago, I was getting tired, and I didn't know what it was from. It turned out to be blood clots in the lungs," said the retired Chicago Public Schools teacher, who was a member of the American Federation of Teachers union.

"If I didn't have Medicare, I wouldn't have gone to the doctor then. I was just tired, but nothing hurt. I could very possibly have had a stroke or a heart attack. I didn't have to hesitate because I knew that my costs would be covered."

Read entire article: http://www.suntimes.com/business/1756998,CST-NWS-labor07side1.article

No comments:

Post a Comment